AFTER CARE ADVICE:
- Come as you are
- If menstruating, please use a tampon
- Don’t trim as you may go too short
- Hair needs to be the length of a grain of rice
- Avoid caffeine before your wax
- Exfoliate your skin 1 day before
- Wear loose clothing after your wax
Avoid hot water for 24 hours (a quick, warm shower is ok)
- Avoid heavy exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid saunas, hot tubs and steam treatments for 24 hours
- Avoid fake tan application and sunbeds for 48 hours
- Avoid touching the area as much as possible (unless hands are clean)
- Avoid swimming pools
- Avoid deodorant and perfumed products for 24 hours
- On the bikini area use Folisan roll on solution 1x per day. Apply to clean skin. This contains Salicylic acid to prevent and treat ingrown hairs and keep your skin clear
- 3x per week. Use a Kessa Mitt (Moroccan exfoliating mitt) in the shower with soap. Gently rub over the bikini area in circular motions. Use a deeper pressure on the legs. This can be used over the body. Avoid the face.
- Wax every 4-6 weeks – when the hair is the length of a grain of rice. This will give you the best results and you’ll be smoother for longer.
- Remove contact lenses
- Remove eye make up
- Remove any fake lashes if you have them on
- Not suitable while pregnant or for Diabetics
- Apply eye drops after your lash lift to freshen your eyes
- No water on your ashes for 24 hours
- Avoid intense steam for 48 hours (hot yoga, long bath etc)
- Sleep on your back the first night to prevent them from going wonky on the sides
- Apply Argan oil through the tips of your lashes, and brush through with a mascara wand (we give you). This will prevent your lashes from drying out and keep them in good condition.
- You can wear mascara after 24 hours
- Chlorine can affect the longevity of your lift
- Come as you are
- Avoid skin peeling treatments for 7 days before the treatment
Microdermabrasion aftercare – what to do after
It’s important you follow the aftercare provided by your therapist to avoid adverse reactions after treatment. Some of these may seem harmless enough and you might think, does it really matter? Well, yes, it really does!
Adhere to the advice given
Reactions to the crystal used are so rare but what you do to your skin after treatment is super important. Avoid anti-ageing creams or anything with active ingredients. Use something simple and soothing such as the SkinBase homecare cream with SPF. Remember, during MD the outermost layer of skin is removed so your skin is more susceptible to the elements and you should avoid exposure to UV or any chemicals.
Use SPF 15+ (at least) throughout a course to protect skin and regularly apply moisturiser to replenish moisture.
If your skin does feel hot or dry and itchy – splash with cold water and apply a recommended moisturiser regularly.
12 hours after: Avoid heavy makeup (you can use mineral makeup as it doesn’t block the skin)
- For 24 hours: No swimming, facial waxing or fake tan application
- Up to 48 Hours after: No sauna, sun beds or sun exposure. No botox, collagen injections or dermal fillers.
- For 72 Hours: Do not use any anti-ageing creams, AHA’s, glycolics, retinol or exfoliating products.
- At all times during a course, apply SPF 15 (at least) and avoid UV exposure. Regular moisturiser applications are vital to replenish the skin and prevent it becoming dry and peeling.
In short; avoid chemicals, heat treatments, UV exposure and apply your moisturiser regularly with an SPF of 15 or higher!
No Retinoids/Retinol (3 days if using JA)
No topical antibiotics
No chemical peels
No benzoyl peroxide
No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis
No anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil. These agents interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
No fake tan
Avoidance of IPL/Laser procedures
Unprotected sun exposure
Day of Micro Needling
No shaving the day of the procedure to avoid skin irritation. Can shave the day before.
***If you are prone to cold sores, take antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment.
***Avoid Blood thinning agents (Aspirin) for 1 week before Micro Needling
* No excessive gym workout for 72 hours
* No heat on the skin (steam in kitchen, air in car) for 48 hours
* Do not pick peeled skin or pick skin in general
* Do not use a scrub for 72 hours
* Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks
* Avoid Chlorine for 72 hours
* Avoid Glycolic acid, retinols and lactic acid for 1 week
* SPF 30 every day to avoid pigmentation
* Avoid waxing/ hair removal for 1 week
* Use recommended homecare daily
If you’re unsure about anything or have questions – please get in touch!